Easy chicken curry recipe at home.
Chicken curry home style means chicken cooked by mom. We all love to eat the food that mom makes. To every man, his mother is the best chef in the world, which is the same for me. So I am sharing with you the way my mother cooks chicken.
Cooking is a job that has to be done with love and care, so home cooking is very tasty. The dishes are very tasty with very few spices at home.
Chicken curry is cooked in everyone’s home; different people have different cooking methods. This difference is usually based on country and state. Many places use mustard oil in chicken curry and others use coconut oil and sunflower oil. Some places again use curry lives and black mustard, it is commonly seen in the South of India. In northern India, cashews and poppy seeds paste are added to chicken curry. But all methods are correct.
The chicken curry I will make will not use any curry leaves, black mustard, coconut oil, cashew nuts, and poppy seeds. It Will be very simple and with very few ingredients. This method will be very effective for those who will cook first. Anyone can use curry powder if they want if curry powder is good. You can make curry powder at home. This would be great.
About this chicken curry:
This recipe is made by the people of West Bengal and Bangladesh. Bengalis are usually food lovers and most Bengalis are non-vegetarians. So there are more than 1000 non-vegetarian dishes in Bengali cuisine these are usually made of fish, chicken, and mutton.
This chicken curry was especially popular in Kolkata. It is chicken curry but at that time it was cooked with mutton in many Bengali royal families before the British period. Over time, this dish became very popular at that time in many hotels and restaurants. It is called “ Kochi pathar jhol” in Bengali. Over time it changed from mutton to chicken, then it was called “murgi jhol” Potatoes are added to Bengali chicken curry. This is also good to eat but I did not add potatoes to this recipe, because I don’t like to eat Potatoes. You can add Potatoes if you want.
we must use mustard oil for this recipe.
People of Bengal love to use mustard oil in cooking because of a slightly pungent odor. This enhances the taste of chicken curry. Not just the taste, mustard oil is very beneficial for our body (Mustard oil lowers Bad cholesterol levels in the body and reduces the risk of heart disease, Helps in digestion, Normalizes blood circulation and Increases immunity). So I will also use mustard oil to cook this chicken curry. We will use very few ingredients to cook this dish. There is no doubt that cooking using the right amount of ingredients in our home will make the food very tasty.
It can be added to 4 types of vegetables such as potatoes, onion, tomatoes, and coriander leaves. I have said before that I will not add potatoes but potatoes can be added to it.
Onion – The use of onion is essential to make the curry attractive and delicious; you can add a little less or little more onions. You need to see how much onion you want to add to the gravy. I have added 200gm onion for 1kg chicken in this curry.
Tomatoes – Tomatoes improve the taste and texture of gravy just like onions. Colors are also improved Tomato is a very beneficial vegetable, it must be eaten. I have added 50gm tomatoes for 1kg chicken.
Coriander leaves – If you want to add coriander leaves, you can add or not. Adding coriander leaves gives a nice aroma that makes chicken curry more delicious.
- Chicken ———1 kg
- Salt——– salt to taste
- Plain yogurt——1/2 cup
- Ginger paste——50gm
- Garlic paste——-40gm
- Mustard oil——–150ml
- Cinnamon stick—– 1pic
- Green cardamom—–5pic
- Dried bay leaves——2pic
- Turmeric powder —–2 Teaspoon
- Cumin powder——-1tbls
- Coriander powder——1/2tbls
- Kashmiri chili powder—–2 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder——–1tsp
- Coriander leaves——-20gm
Method of Chicken curry:
First, we have to wash our hands well because we have a lot of germs in our hands, it can enter our body along with food and harm the body. So it is very important to maintain hygiene.
- Take 1 kg chicken and wash it well, then we have to marinate the chicken. Take chicken in a bowl and mix well with ginger paste, garlic paste, green chili paste, salt (we will use salt later so now we add some salt) and yogurt. Then leave it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. If left after marinating for an hour, the salt and others will enter the chicken. This will make the chicken more delicious.
- Before cooking the food, the Ingredient should be ready. Onion tomatoes and coriander leaves should be cut into julienne or chop cutting,
- Heat mustard oil in a pan over medium heat, add whole spice(Cinnamon stick, Green cardamom, Cloves, Dried bay leaves) in oil. The whole spice gives the gravy a nice small. It brings the feeling of Royal Food.
- After 30 seconds add the onion. Sauté the onion over medium heat for 10munits, until the onion is done light in color. Sauté the onion carefully so that it does not turn brown, look at the picture well.
- Add chopped tomatoes and sauté for 2minutes. After that add salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, and Kashmir chili powder and stir for 5minutes. Remember we have used salt before during marination. So add a little salt. When the oil will comes out from the spices, and then you will understand that the spices are well cooked. Then there will be no more raw smell of spices.
- Put the marinated chicken on this spice, and stir for 10 minutes. Water will come out of the chicken for giving yogurt in the chicken. So we have to reduce the water a bit in intense heat. After 10 minutes pour a little amount of water. If you prefer more gravy, add a little more water. I use 100 ml water.
- Add Garam masala powder and coriander leaves, a good flavor in chicken curry for garam masala and coriander. Cover the pan and cook for ten minutes.
- Serve hot after 10 minutes with rice or Indian bread. It usually tastes good with rice. It is accompanied by rice and aloo posto, and sweet rasgolla. perfect Bengali launch
- Wash your hands thoroughly and apply sanitizer. Wear gloves if possible
- Wash the chicken pieces well.
- Marinate the chicken with yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, and salt. leave it in the refrigerator for 30min.
- Heat the mustard oil in a pan and add the whole spice.
- Then sauté the chopped onions in oil till they turn golden.
- Add tomatoes and stir for 2minutes. Until the oil rises to the top.
- Salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, and Kashmir chili powder and sauté for 5minutes.
- Add marinated chicken and sauté for 10minutes.
- Give 100gm of water for gravy. Add Garam masala powder and coriander leaves and Cover.
- Serve chicken curry with rice.
Cooking time :